After Kaastengels, I was triggered trying another Eid ul-fitr cookies recipe. Voila! My first Nastar in Australia.
2 egg yolks
125 gr unsalted butter
125 gr margarine
50 gr castor sugar
300 gr plain flour
2 tbsp corn flour
Filling: Pineapple jam
500 gr crushed pineapple (I used the canned pinapple)
250 gr white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon (or 1 stick)
2 tsp clove (or 4 pcs)
Brushing: Egg yolks, lightly beaten
1. For the jam, bring all the ingredients to boil and keep stirring until thicken (the colour will be darken).
2. Beat the yolks, sugar, butter, and margarine until light coloured.
3. Fold in plain flour and corn flour until the mixture can be shaped by hand.
4. Make small ball shapes, approx.2cm diameter. Start filling them with the pineapple jam one by one (do not put too much jam or it will be difficult to round).
5. Put them on a baking tray, brush them with egg yolks, and bake in a pre-heated 140 degree Celcius oven for approx.15 to 20 minutes (or until golden yellow).